Here's something that was needed to be done more than wanted to be done to be able to read the gauges at night, particularly the fuel gauge. A few years earlier I replaced the factory 194's cluster lights with brighter 5W5 bulbs and notice some brightness. Secondly I replaced the 5W5's with LED's and painted the inside of the cluster white hoping for more brightness. Every time I did something I notice an improvement but wasn't really happy with the end results. The whiteface under lay really made the difference in being able to read the gauges at night. For around twenty dollars and an hour of my time was all it took and that made a night and day difference. While I was at it, I painted the faded speedometer hand with a fresh coat of florescent red paint. I now need a small whiteface tachometer to finish this project.