I swapped the vacuum system to a single speed electric wipers back in the mid 70's using parts from a 63 Falcon parts car. In '05 I did the intermittent wiper upgrade using '76 F150 parts. Click Here if you want to see this upgrade.
The wiper linkage and bracket was taken apart and bead blasted, etched primed, painted and greased. The original rubber grommets between the motor and bracket were hard and deteriorating so I used regular grommets that were intended for wiring for replacements.
I notice the main power wire feeding the switch got pinched sometime in the past so I decided to go ahead and replace the pigtail with a better harness.